As we enter the final few weeks of the school year we would like to update you on the following matters:
- Retirement of Mrs. Butler:
Mrs. Mary Butler, former Principal of St. Therese’s N.S. announced recently that she will retire from teaching in September following over 36 years service in our parish. We are all deeply sorry to lose such a wonderful teacher, highly esteemed colleague and loyal friend. Children, staff and school community will greatly miss her gentle presence, personal interest in each child and diligent contribution to the education and development of every pupil during her time here. We are immensely grateful for the enormous contribution which she has made to our school and parish and look forward to an opportunity to express that appreciation in conjunction with past pupils and members of the wider parish community at a retirement function later in the year. In the meantime we wish Mrs. Butler and her husband and family, the best of everything as she embarks on this new and exciting chapter in her life. Guímid gach dea ghuí ort agus go néirí an bothar leat, a Bhean De Buitléir!
- Cumann na mBunscol Finals:
It has been another great year for camogie and hurling in our school! We are proud and delighted that our U13 girls and U13 boys have qualified for their respective Co. Finals in Semple Stadium on Wednesday, next, 13th, June. We realise that parents, family and friends may wish to be there on the big day to support our children and the following is the timetable for the games which we received at the weekend:
9.30 a.m: Scoil Naomh Cualán U13 Camogie v Boherlahan N.S.
11.10 a.m: Scoil Naomh Cualán U13 Hurling v Holycross N.S.
The following are the transport arrangements for Co. Final Day:
Transport will be organised for all players and Senior School pupils to Semple Stadium. The cost of the buses will be covered by the school from fundraising activities, your generous support for which is most gratefully acknowledged. In order to ensure that pupils will have adequate time to prepare for their games the first bus, which will contain both teams and a small number of supporters will leave the school at 8.30a.m. sharp. Having dropped the teams to Semple Stadium, the bus will then return to the school to collect the remaining supporters. As Semple Stadium is a very open venue we will be obliged to insist on a very high standard of behaviour from all pupils who will travel to the matches on the day. In the interests of Child Protection and Safety it is vital that all parents remind their children of the following rules which will apply on the day:
- All pupils must stay with the teacher or staff member to whom they have been assigned and are not permitted to leave the area in which they are seated without prior permission.
- Pupils may bring drink(s)/treat(s) for their own use during the match but nobody will be permitted to go to the shop for any reason.
- Pupils who travel to the games as supporters are expected to show their full support for both teams and urge our players to their best possible performance throughout both matches. (Senior school pupils who are not involved in the matches and who do not wish to attend the games will have the option of coming to school at the usual time in the morning and completing worksheets in the junior school where classes will continue as normal.)
Some, parents who are personally travelling to the game may wish to arrange to bring their own children, younger brothers/sisters etc. to support the teams and are very welcome to do this as any support would be a great boost for the teams on the day. We would like to have a big display of colour in Semple Stadium so any flags, hats, banners, teddies etc which supporters/ pupils attending can bring along will be most welcome.Following the games we will return to the school. Well done to all our pupils who have represented us so well in competitions at all levels this year. They have been a credit to our school, parish and to you, their parents. Sincere thanks, also, to the team mentors and to all who assisted in any way.
- School Mass of Thanksgiving and Celebration Barbecue:
We look forward to our Annual School Mass of Thanksgiving and Celebration Barbecue which will take place on Friday, June 22nd at 10 a.m. This Mass will also mark the graduation of our sixth class pupils who will embark on a new chapter in their lives in September. We are very proud of each and every one of them and congratulate them on their many achievements during their time with us. We thank you, Aaron, Aoife, Archie, Cathal, Chloe, Cian, Dylan, Eoghan, Harry, Lochlainn, Luke, Niamh, Patrick, Razuk, Tadgh and Taylor most sincerely for the many ways in which you have enriched the life of our school throughout the years and pray God’s blessing on you and on your families for a future filled with all you would wish for. Should any parents or family members wish to attend the Mass and barbecue we would be very grateful if you would contact Clare so that we can include you in the arrangements.
- Aoife Fitzgerald, Sixth Class, has been selected to play for Tipperary in the Primary Game v Clare next Sunday, at Semple Stadium. We wish Aoife and our Tipperary Senior and Minor teams which include past pupils and parishioners, Brendan Maher, Dan Mc Cormack, James Devaney and Kevin Maher, the very best of luck on Sunday.
- School Photographs: Return of photographs or payment for same is required by tomorrow, June 8th, please.
- Voluntary Evening: We would be delighted to welcome as many as possible to assist in with school maintenance this evening from 7.00 p.m. onwards. We would be very grateful for your assistance at any stage should 7.00 prove impossible. Please bring paint brushes/ tools etc. which might be of use. Apologies if the evening is unsuitable for you but there are so many activities at this time of year that it is simply impossible to arrange an evening that suits everyone.
- School Booklists have been issued. We would be very grateful to receive payment for same at your earliest opportunity, please.
- Congratulations to Ms. Cummins and her fiancé, Andrew Quinlan, who will be married in July. On behalf of the whole school community, we wish them the best of everything in the future.
- Following on the success of ‘Le Chéile 1’ we will open ‘Le Chéile 2’ in September. Planning permission is currently being processed for temporary accommodation for our two new classes which should ease our accommodation difficulties for the year ahead. Negotiations are ongoing with the DES in an effort to obtain sanction for a single school building which will accommodate all our pupils together.
- We are delighted to inform you that Ms. Adrienne Burke and Mr. James Mc Carthy will join our teaching staff next year. We look forward to working with them and welcome them to our school team.
- Welcome to our new Junior Infants who are with us for a short day today. We are thrilled to meet our new friends.
- Our new school year will commence on Thursday, August 30th.
Thank you for your on-going support which makes such an enormous difference to our school,
Kay Ryan and Staff.